Bacon, Gruyere Onion Dip
- 1 Tb. olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. celery salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tb. sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh thyme (optional)
- 3 or 4 strips of bacon
- 3/4 C. shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/4 C. sour cream
- 1/2 C. plain yogurt
- 1/4 C. low fat mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 375Â°. Saute onions, sugar, and salt in oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and just beginning to lightly brown. Reduce heat and cook, stirring often, 20 minutes or until onions turn deep golden brown. Stir in vinegar and scrape bottom of skillet to deglaze pan. Cook, stirring often, until vinegar is reduced by half. Add thyme, garlic, celery salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large pan over medium-high heat or on a cookie sheet in a 350Â° oven until crisp. Drain on paper towels; finely crumble.
- Combine cheese and next three ingredients in a bowl. Stir in onions and bacon. Transfer to a small baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until mixture bubbles and top is lightly browned. Serve with th chips and veggies.
Leave a review or comment