Bacon Egg Potato SaladPrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 8by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
Bacon Egg Potato Salad combines the perfect duo of salty smoked bacon and fresh hard-boiled eggs with a super creamy sweet/tangy blend of spices and sauce. Add in zesty onion, sweet pickle relish and celery for an AMAZING crunchy taste that your family will love!
- 6 medium red potatoes (2 pounds)
- 1¼ cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup sweet pickle relish
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, save a little for the top
- 4 hardboiled eggs, 3 coarsely chopped (use extra one for the top)
- Top with 1 sliced hardboiled egg, 1 sliced green onion and bacon pieces, if desired
- Cut each potato in half. Place in a large pot and cover with 1 inch of cold water. Add 2 teaspoons salt and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain well and let cool. Peel off the skins and discard. Cube the potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- While potatoes cool, mix together in a small bowl, the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, celery seeds, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes and mix well.
- Mix in the celery, onion, pickle relish and bacon. Carefully fold in the hardboiled eggs, cover with plastic wrap and chill thoroughly (at least 4 hours). Top with sliced egg, sliced green onion and bacon pieces if desired.
Leave a review or comment