Bacon, Bell Pepper and Bean SaladPrep: 10 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 6by Elizabeth @Taste & Sprout1 recipe>
This Bacon, Bell Pepper and Bean Salad would keep well sitting out for a couple of hours at a potluck. It's super quick to throw together and is adaptable to whatever is on hand. Certainly couscous, barley, rice, farro or quinoa would work just as well.
- 2 cups wheat berries from Fair Shares CSA (could also use couscous, barley or farro)
- 3 slices bacon (we used Todd Geisert Farms, Washington, MO)
- 1/2 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 cup bell pepper, preferably red, yellow or orange
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- Place wheat berries in medium saucepan, cover with water, bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain, transfer to large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. discard fat in the pan, then add chopped onion to skillet and saute for about 3 minutes until translucent. Add cooked onions to wheat berries in bowl.
- Add vinegar, pepper, edamame, and chopped bell pepper, stir well.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
Leave a review or comment