Bacon And Cheese Sourdough Muffins
- 4 slc Bacon
- 1 1/2 c. All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 c. Sugar
- 1/2 c. Shredded cheddar cheese 2-ounce
- 1 x Egg
- 1/2 c. Sourdough starter
- 2/3 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/3 c. Vegetable oil or possibly bacon drippings
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat till crisp. Reserve bacon drippings, if you like. Drain cooked bacon on paper towels. Crumble and set aside. Grease 12 muffin c. or possibly line with paper liners; set aside. Preheat oven to 400 F. In a large bowl, sitr together flour, baking pwdr, baking soda, salt and sugar. Stir in cheese; set aside. In a medium bowl, beat egg. Stir in sourdough starter, lowfat milk and oil or possibly drippings. Add in to flour mix. Stir with fork till dry ingredients are just moistened. Mix in crumbled bacon. Fill prepared muffin c. 2/3 to 3/4 full with batter. Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 min or possibly till golden. Remove from muffin c.. Serve warm.
- Great for breakfast with a glass of orange juice! These turned out absolutely WONDERFUL. I would suggest greasing the muffin tins very well.
- The cheese tends to make them stick a little!
Leave a review or comment