AvgolemonoPrep: 15 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 4by Carolinaheartstrings301 recipes>
This week the international destination that I am travelling to is Greece! Oh to go to Greece for real! Definitely one of my top 5 wishes. Luckily though I am just walking distance from a wonderful restaurant that has served our town since 1973. It was at The Continental Corner that I was first introduced to this sauce – Avgolemono. It is a lemon-egg sauce and it compliments fish, chicken and vegetables perfectly. My version of the recipe follows.
- 3 eggs, separated
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup stock (from what you are cooking to serve the sauce with or other stock on hand)
- Beat egg whites with mixer until very frothy.
- Beat in yolks, juice and stock.
- Heat over medium in saucepan, stirring until well warmed through.
- Let sit 5 minutes or more before serving
Leave a review or comment