Aunt Pearl's Gluten Free (and you won't know it) Creamy Scalloped PotatoesServings: 1by ChaCha Can Cook98 recipes>
This is a simple recipe with clean taste and a short ingredient list. This is definitely a "comfort food" and will disappear on a cold night.
- 2 Lbs. Potatoes
- 3 Tbl. Margarine + 1 Tbl.
- 3 Tbl. All Purpose GF Flour
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 C. Milk
- 1/4C. Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 1/2 Cups Cubed or Sliced Ham
- 2 Slices of American Cheese
- 1/2 inch thick slice of Velveeta
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Wash, peel and cut potatoes into thin slices (1/8 inch), and should measure approximately 4 cups.
- Melt margarine over low heat. Add the flour and seasonings. Cook over low heat until the mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in milk. Heat to boiling and stir constantly for 1 minute, then add Velveeta to melt.
- In greased 2qt. casserole dish, layer potatoes, ham and 1/2 the onions before adding the cream sauce. Repeat.
- Dot with 1Tbl. margarine, and fold American Cheese into strips and top dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 60 minutes more.
Leave a review or comment