Aunt Dolly's Meat Loaf
My Aunt Dolly would make this for me every time I asked for it...and I asked for it a lot growing up!
- • 1 pound lean ground beef
- • 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- • 1/2 cup chopped Vidalia onion
- • 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- • 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- • 1 egg, lightly beaten
- • 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- • 1/3 cup ketchup
- • 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, tomato paste, onions, green pepper, oats, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into a loaf and place it in a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard.
- Slather the glaze on top of the meat loaf and bake until the meat loaf is firm and cooked all the way through, about 1 hour.
- Serve hot with Mashed Potatoes and use the red juice as gravey.
- I live to cook!
Leave a review or comment