Artichoke Couscous Salad
- 1 1/2 c. instant couscous
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 c. boiling water
- 1/4 c. diced red onion
- 3 can artichoke hearts - (14 ounce ea) rinsed, liquid removed, and quartered
- 1/2 c. minced fresh basil
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 3 x tomatoes minced
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin or possibly herb-flavored extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red-wine vinegar Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 x avocado diced
- Combine the couscous, salt, and boiling water in a large mixing bowl. Cover and let stand till the couscous is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10 min. Fluff with a fork. Cold to room temperature.
- Add in the onion, artichoke hearts, basil, and garlic and toss lightly. (The salad can be held in the refrigerator for several hrs at this point.)
- Before serving, bring the salad to room temperature. Add in the tomatoes, oil, and vinegar and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the avocado, gently toss again, and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment