Aromatic perch filletsPrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 2by Easy Cook - Laka kuharica493 recipes>
Crispy, aromatic and tender fried perch fillets.
- 500 g perch fillets (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 100 g flour
- 100 g corn flour
- 1/2 tbs sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbs seasoning mix (or Old Bay seasoning)
- 300ml light beer
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- Seasoning mix*:
- 1 tbs black peppercorn
- 6 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon, allspice and ginger
- Quantity is enough for several uses in different dishes (savoury pancakes, meat and fish batters)
- Prepare the seasoning mix: finely grind all the spices (in a coffee mill, for example). Since you do not need the whole quantity, store the mix in an airtight glass bottle and refrigerate for future use.
- Mix flour and corn flour, salt and pepper. Add the seasoning to flour mixture, stir.
- Slowly add beer, whisking constantly until a batter consistency.
- Coat filets with batter and fry in hot oil about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Set aside to a warm place.
- From the remaining batter form small pancakes and fry in the same oil. They make great accompaniment to the fillets.
- Serve immediately with potato salad.
Leave a review or comment