Apulian Orecchiette With Anchovies And Broccoli
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 x 500 gram pac dry orecchiette
- 500 gm Broccoli, cut into small florets (1lb)
- 4 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, (4 to 6)
- 1 x Clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 x Red chillies, deseeded and roughly minced
- 100 ml White wine, (31/2fl ounce)
- 2 x 50 g, (2oz) canned anchovies in extra virgin olive oil, liquid removed Salt and freshly grnd black pepper Parmesan shavings to garnish, (optional)
- Place a saucepan of warm water over a moderate heat, add in the salt and bring the water to the boil.
- Add in the orecchiette and broccoli and cook as per pack instructions.
- Place the extra virgin olive oil in a large saucepan or possibly frying pan and over a moderate heat saute/fry the garlic and chillies, then add in the wine and reduce by half. Finally add in the anchovies and cook for a further minute.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 2-3 Tbsp. of the liquid, then add in to the garlic, anchovies and chilli sauce. Mix to combine, seasoning as necessary. Serve immediately, garnished with parmesan shavings.
- NOTES : A combination of orecchiette with chillies, anchovies and broccoli, traditional of the Apulian region.
Leave a review or comment