Applesauce Cake Made From ScratchPrep: 30 min Cook: 150 min Servings: 10by Stan Jenkins6 recipes>
This cake has become a family tradition during the holidays. I look forward to Christmas just to eat this cake. It's great the rest of the year as well, but we always had it for Christmas when I was a child.
- 2 cups of nuts
- 2 cups of raisins
- 1 cup of melted shortening
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of applesauce
- 4 cups of sifted self-rising flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of cloves
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 4 tablespoons of water
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix nuts, raisins & melted shortening.
- Add sugar & beaten eggs to dough mixture.
- Add applesauce, water & vanilla.
- Measure sifted flour in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to flour.
- Mix well & then add to damp mixture.
- Bake in a greased & floured baking pan at 300 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until cake no longer sticks to toothpick.
Leave a review or comment