Apple Strudel With Filo Dough
- 1 lb Apples, thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, grnd
- 5 sht filo dough
- 1/2 c. Butter, melted Whipped cream or possibly custard sauce
- Preheat oven at 400 . Peel and core fresh apples. Cut each into four wedges, then into thin slices. Sprinkle with 2/3 of cinnamon and sugar and mix lightly. Set aside. On a clean kitchen towel, put a single layer of filo dough. Brush with melted butter. Place another piece of dough on top and repeat till all five pcs of dough have been layered with butter.
- Place apple mix on upper third of filo dough layers. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon, sugar and roll dough, using towel to lift dough, as tightly as possible around apples. Place rolled dough, seam side down, on a buttered baking dish and brush top with remaining butter. Add in a little more cinnamon sugar to top of roll. Bake for 30 min or possibly till golden.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or possibly custard sauce. You can buy filo dough in the freezer at your grocery store.
Leave a review or comment