Apple Pecan Bread Pudding
- 1 c. Pecans, coarsely chop
- 3 x Large eggs
- 8 slc Raisin bread, diced
- 2 c. Half & half or possibly lowfat milk
- 2 med Apples, green
- 1/4 c. Bourbon or possibly brandy
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1/4 c. Butter or possibly margarine, melted
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Vanilla ice cream (opt.)
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 . Spread pecans in a shallow baking pan and bake till golden brown, about 8-10 min, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place bread cubes in a greased 3 quart. or possibly larger slow cooker.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples. Mix lightly together the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, add in Large eggs and mix well. Blend in half and half or possibly milkand then stir in bourbon or possibly brandy.
- Lightly mix pecans with bread and apples. Pour egg mix over bread.
- Drizzle with butter. Cover and cook on low till apples are tender when pierced and custard is set; about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hrs. Let pudding stand, covered, for about 15 min. Serve hot with ice cream, if you like.
Leave a review or comment