Apple Molasses Bread
- 1/2 c. Butter
- 1 c. Sugar
- 3 x Large eggs
- 2 c. Flour, all-purpose
- 1 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, grnd
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, grnd
- 1 c. Applesauce
- 1/4 c. Dark molasses (treacle)
- 1 c. Raisins
- 1/2 c. Nuts, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in Large eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking pwdr, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside. Combine applesauce and molasses.
- Add in dry ingredients alternately with applesauce mix to egg mix.
- Mix in raisins and nuts. Pour into a greased 9 1/4 x 5 1/4 x 2 3/4 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour, or possibly till a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cold 10 min, remove from pan and continue cooling on a wire rack.
- NOTES:* A simple, fragrant, apple-nut raisin bread - I found this recipe on the back of a label for a baking loaf pan. It is easy to make and because of the molasses it is very fragrant while baking.
- Yield: 1 large loaf.
- Difficulty: easy.
- Time: 15 min preparation, 1 hour baking, 30 min cooling.
- Precision: measure the ingredients.
Leave a review or comment