Apple Crisp – Microwave Quick!Prep: 25 min Cook: 14 min Servings: 8by Salad Foodie406 recipes>
I haven’t found a quicker apple crisp recipe that tastes as good (or better) than oven-baked. Simple prep and fast cooking make this a perfect dessert when you’re short on time. Plus you can make it year round as the microwave won't heat up the kitchen.
- 5 to 6 cups cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced in wedges
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Whipped cream topping or ice cream (optional)
- Lightly spray an 10" x 10" square microwave-safe baking dish (see photo 2 or use similar size); place apples in dish.
- In medium size mixing bowl, stir together oats, flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cut in cold butter with pastry blender or two knives crisscross until crumbly and butter is well dispersed.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over apples.
- Cook on HIGH uncovered in microwave for 14-15 minutes.
- Notes: You may need to adjust timing - my new microwave is 1250 watts and I've had to cut down time it takes for many of my old recipes. (If microwave has no turntable, rotate baking dish a quarter turn every two minutes.)
- Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled (with optional toppings.)
Leave a review or comment