Appetizer: Bacon Wrapped Shrimp With Creamy H
- 24 x Uncooked large shrimp, Peeled and deveined
- 24 x Canned whole water chestnuts Liquid removed
- 12 x Bacon slices, cut crosswise In half
- 6 Tbsp. (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 x 8-ounce. package cream cheese, Room temperature
- 1/2 c. Mayonaise
- 1/2 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. Prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice Warm pepper sauce (Tobasco) White Pepper
- Wrap 1 shrimp around 1 water chestnut. Wrap in 1 bacon piece and secure with toothpick. Repeat with remaining shrimp, water chestnuts and bacon.
- Heat 3 Tbsp. butter in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add in half of shrimp and cook till bacon browns, anbout 2-1/2 min per side.
- Transfer to large gratin dish. Repeat with remaining butter and shrimp.
- Preheat broiler. Beat cream cheese in medium bowl till smooth. Add in remaining ingredients and beau till blended. Season with salt. Spoon sauce over shrimp. Broil till top is golden. Divide shrimp among plates and serve.
Leave a review or comment