Another Pointe's Glazed Smoked Pork Loin With Mango Chutney
- 1 x pork loin
- 1/2 c. cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. apple juice
- 1/2 c. small red onion diced
- 1 tsp chopped ginger root
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 c. raisins
- 1/2 tsp red chilies crushed
- 2 x star anise or possibly 1 tspn anise seed
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 lb fresh mango cut into 1/2" pcs
- 3/4 lb Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2" pcs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place pork loin on a rack, uncovered, in a shallow pan. Roast for approximately 15 min per lb. or possibly till internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Bring remaining ingredients, except for the fruit, to a boil; simmer till the sugar is dissolved, about 15 min. Add in the fruit, simmer uncovered for about 30 min, or possibly till chutney has thickened slightly. Let mix cold.
- Puree half of mix to brush onto smoked pork loin during the last 30 min of roasting. Use the remaining chutney as a condiment for the pork.
Leave a review or comment