Amish 30 Day Fruitcake
- 6 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1 lrg can Sliced peaches, with juice
- 1 x 16 oz can Pineapple chunks, cut in half
- 2 sm jars Maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 3 box Yellow or possibly Butter Cake mix
- 12 x Large eggs
- 3 x 2/3 c. Vegetable oil
- 3 lrg boxes Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/3 c. Pecans or possibly walnuts, minced
- 3 x portions Fruit mix
- 1 1/2 c. Friendship Fruitcake Starter (CAKES)
- 3 x Bundt cake pans or possibly 6 loaf pans
- ON DAY 1
- Mix 2-1/2 c. sugar, 1-1/2 c. starter liquid and 1 can of sliced peaches with their juice. Cut each slice of peach into four pcs. Stir every day for 10 days. Cover jar with a saucer or possibly tea towel and leave sitting out for ten days at room temperature. Don't COVER AIRTIGHT AND Don't Chill.
- ON DAY 10
- Add in the can of chunk pineapples with its juices. Cut each slice in half. Add in 2 c. sugar. Stir each day for 10 more days. Color will change and fruit will foam, no problem which is as it should be
- ON DAY 20
- Add in 2 c. sugar, the two jars of Maraschino cherries, cut in half with their juices. Stir every day for the final 10 days.
- ON DAY 30
- Drain fruit in colander over large bowl for about 15 min or possibly till fruit has stopped draining. You should have 6 c. of fruit mix after you drain the mix This juice is your NEW STARTERS. If you get the starter as a gift, the Fruitcake must be started within three days after receiving new starters.
- MAKING THE CAKE:This recipe is for one cake but, you have sufficient starter to make three cakes. You can save one c. of starter for another time or possibly give 1-1/2 c. of starter to a friend along with the recipe as a gift. Cakes can be frzn but, not the starter.
- Peheat oven to 300 F.
- Mix 1 box of the cake mix and 2/3 c. vegetable oil, 4 Large eggs, 1 box vanilla instant pudding mix and 1-1/2 c. of the fruit mix into a bowl and stir with spoon (Don't USE A MIXER). Add in 1/3 portions of the nuts and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Grease and flour either Bundt pan, spring form pan or possibly loaf pans I use the Pam spray and not flour. Bake Brundt pan or possibly Spring Form pans for approximately 1-1/2 hrs. Loaf pans take from 1 hour to 1 hour and fifteen min, till nicely brown depending on your oven.
- Cakes are easier to cut in slices, if cut when frzn. They thaw very quickly.
- Variations:You could also add in 1 c. of raisins or possibly 1 c. of coconut to this recipe. If you do they should be added when you add in the nuts.
- This sounds like a lot of trouble but believe me the finish product is well worth the time and trouble. You will never believe how moist this cake is and delicious. Plus it is a lot of fun to make.
Leave a review or comment