*AMAZING* BBQ Chicken
I am a HUGE bbq anything fan. I've tried tons of different recipes but Filipino BBQ just might be my favorite! This is a def must have recipe in your collection. Something I learned from my mother and grandmother and will def be passing this on!
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice, no pulp
- 1 can or bottle of 7-Up or Sprite (taste the same with either)
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce or other thick bbq marinade
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 or 2 lemons juiced
- 1 finely chopped medium white onion
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 garlic cloves minced or tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Chicken- 6-8 medium sized boneless breast or 8-10 drumsticks or can place on skewers
- Place all ingredients (minus the chicken) in a medium saucepan. Simmer over very low heat for 3 minutes while continuing to whisk.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Place chicken in a few large freezer size ziplocs and pour marinade all over evenly in each bag (I typically use two large ones). Place bags in a large bowl in case they should leak.
- For best results marinate overnight.
- Grill and enjoy!
Leave a review or comment