Almond-Coated PotatoesPrep: 15 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 10by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
These potatoes are a nutty, zesty and spicy combo sure to please.
- 3 Lbs. New Potatoes, Left Whole or Quartered
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Small Jalapeno Chilies, Seeded & Minced
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Almonds
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger, Grated
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Zest
- 1 Dash Salt and Pepper
- 1 Dash Fresh Lemon Juice
- Steam potatoes until just tender, about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, peppers, almonds, cilantro, ginger and lemon zest. Add steamed potatoes and toss until well coated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve hot or keep warm in a 250°F oven for up to 30 minutes.
- Tip: To powder almonds, place blanched almonds in a food processor and pulse until they are reduce to a powder.
Leave a review or comment