Al's Famous Garlic DressingPrep: 15 min Servings: 10by Micheline119 recipes>
This is my version of Al's Steak House Creamy Garlic Salad Dressing and it is tangy, garlicky and scrumptious. A delight for the garlic lover's taste buds. Serve with a garden salad.
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups good salad oil (olive, canola, grapeseed)
- 1 tsp good quality garlic powder or 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp Keens dry mustard
- Juice of two (2) small freshly squeezed lemons
- One dash of hot sauce (Tabasco or Siracha optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- First, separate the egg white from the yolk in two separate small bowls. In a medium bowl, whip up the egg white with a hand held electric mixer or food processor until foamy, thick and frothy but not too stiff like a meringue. Put aside.
- In another bowl, using the electric hand mixer or in the food processor, whisk or process the egg yolk, while the motor is running, gradually adding the juice of 2 lemons and continue mixing. Gradually and slowly add the oil in a steady stream until all is well emulsified. Add the dry mustard, garlic, salt and pepper and continue mixing well for another minute or so.
- Now, by hand, with a large spoon, fold in the egg yolk mixture into the egg white to incorporate both mixture. You now have your garlic dressing. For optimum flavour, make a day ahead and let it sit in the refrigerator for the flavours to develop.
- OPTIONAL: Add a dash of hot sauce if you like spicy dressing. Cover and keep refrigerated. Serve on top of a garden salad or salad of your choice. NOTE: If you find the dressing too tangy for your taste, next time use 1 oz of white or red wine vinegar and the juice of one lemon instead of the juice of 2 small lemons. Enjoy!
Leave a review or comment