Aamras PuriPrep: 20 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 3by pshinde210914 recipes>
Aamras Puri is very demanding in Maharashtra.Summer occasions are celebrated with Aamras and puri or puran poli.Alphonso mango is very special from Maharashtra and is used for Aamras.
- Mango Pulp
- 6 ripe Alphonso Mangos
- sugar, if needed
- 2 cups Wheat flour
- 1tbsp rava/semolina/suji
- 6 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Oil for frying puris
- Aamras Preparation
- 1.First,you peel them, and chop the inside mango into pieces.Grind them into food processor.Taste them if you need sugar.If mangoes are sweet, no need to add sugar.
- Your Aamras is ready.Keep in refrigerator and serve cool.
- 2.You can was them and squeeze by hand till it become soft from all sides.In bowl, take out all pulp from mango and remove the seed.Then, put all pulp into food processor or grinder or smooth texture Aamras.
- Puri's preparation
- 3.In a bowl, add flour, rava, salt and add water slowly to make a firm dough. For puris, we make little firm dough and not soft. Add oil and knead it one more time and keep it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- 4.Make small balls from this dough and roll each ball into round shape. Place these puris on paper towel.
- 5.eat oil for frying in kadhai or pan. Once oil is hot, place puris and fry them till they get golden brown color on both sides. Do not fry for more time, it will become tough puri and do not fry for less time, then it will have raw taste.
- 6.Once you put puri inside, it will puff and check other side for brown color, if has turned to brown , change side of puri and fry for few seconds and then take out.
- 7.Take out these puris on paper towel, so excess oil will get absorbed.
Leave a review or comment