A Touch Of Garlic's Garden Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1/2 c. crushed fresh garlic
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. julienned onions
- 8 med fresh ripe tomatoes
- 1 pch sugar Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. coarsely-minced fresh basil
- Add in garlic and oil to a medium size sauce pot on low heat. Stir garlic often till proportionately golden brown but not browned. Add in onions and continue to saute/fry till onions are sweet and translucent/soft. Again being careful not to brown.
- In seperate pot bring approximatley 2 qts of water to a boil. Prepare tomatoes by removing core and cut an (X) just through the skin on the bottom of each tomato using a small serrated knife. In a bowl prepare an ice bath consisting of 1 qt ice, and 1 qt cool water.
- Blanch prepared tomatoes in boiling water 4 to 6 min then remove from boiling water and place them in ice bath till cooled. Remove tomatoes from ice bath, peel off the skins and chop into 1/2-inch dice.
- Add in diced tomatoes into garlic and onion mix and turn heat up to medium temperature. Add in salt, pepper, and sugar and cook for approximatley 30 min. Remove from the heat and add in basil to finish.
- This recipe yields 4 servings of sauce over the pasta of your choice.
Leave a review or comment