A Summer Event SaladPrep: 20 min Servings: 8by J. Gino Genovesi60 recipes>
In the summertime, one is always looking for a refreshing dish, light, tasty and low fat. This salad is great and is a great' tag-a-long' for picnics and family get together. It stays fresh and does not wilt.
- 1 1/2 cups finely sliced radishes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup thin sliced red onions ( or green)
- 1 cup thin sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 T. vinegar ( or more to taste)
- 1 T. mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots.
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grape size tomatoes
- 1. Toss radishes with salt; let stand for 15 minutes. Drain liquid. . Transfer radishes to a large bowl; add onions and cucumber slices & tomatoes.
- 2. Whisk oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, mayonnaise together and pour over vegetables.
- 3. Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4. Serve chilled.. Place on lettuce for an attractive salad, or serve rolled meats and cheese with it.
- Goes well with any summertime menu; ie: hamburgers, hot dogs etc..Garnish with dill sprigs
Leave a review or comment