5 MINUTE SELF SAUCING CHOCOLATE M/W CAKE
This is a lovely light cake - as good as any oven baked one but so much quicker to make. Make in an extra large coffee mug or soup bowl – microwave safe, or 2 ramekin dishes
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons milk ( + 1 more if batter too dry)
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 3 Tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- A small splash of vanilla extract – ½ teaspoon
- 1 slightly heaped teaspoon Baking Powder
- Add dry ingredients to mug / bowl, and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
- Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla essence, and mix again.
- Mix together â¦.
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoon sugar and sprinkle over top of batter
- Pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup boiling water carefully over top of batter (adjust for amount of sauce required)
- Put your mug/bowl in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
- Ensure that mug/bowl being used is deep enough to accommodate the extra liquid and also allow cake to rise
- Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
- Whipped cream or ice cream may also be served with this cake.
- Ring the changes in this recipe by making it a MOCHA cake.
- In the cake itself instead of 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder use 1 Tablespoon coffee powder/granules and 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder.
- For the Sauce Topping use 1/2 Tablespoon each coffee and cocoa powder.
- # 1 If using a very strong coffee use less and increase the cocoa powder.
- # 2 If using the granules please put them into liquid from the recipe and allow to dissolve, then continue with recipe.
Leave a review or comment