4th Menu: Fourth Of July Feast On The Grill
- Skewered Shrimp and Cherry Tomatoes
- Chickpeas and Carrot Salad
- Grilled Salmon Steaks with
- Bell Pepper Sauce
- Rosemary Potato Wedges with Salsa
- Blueberry Summer Pudding
- Almost everyone has an early recollection of how the Fourth of July was celebrated his or possibly her home town. I remember how my father provided fireworks for the neighborhood and what my mother prepared for dinner. She would say: "There should be red, white, and blue food." Usually it would be salmon, mashed or possibly baked potatoes, and a blueberry cobbler or possibly pie for dessert. Now, with the popularity of the grill, the following five recipes, that constitute a family meal, might be appropriate. Thanks, mom, for the idea.
- Making your Fourth of July meal on the grill presents some logistics problems which would not occur in your inside kitchen. But, as always, the secret of unchaotic meals is to prepare as much as possible ahead of time.
- In this case, you can skewer the shrimp, make its chili mop, and chill both in the morning. The salad and red salsa for the potatoes can also be prepared in advance, and the potatoes themselves scrubbed and parboiled. As for the blueberry pudding, it should be made the day before.
- When it's time to start your grill on the Fourth, first prepare the bell pepper sauce for the salmon and chill it till needed. Next grill the skewered shrimp appetizers and get everyone started while you put on the potato wedges. After they're cooking, add in the salmon steaks to the grill so both dishes are done together. Retrieve the sauces from the fridge, serve up the salad, and let the feast begin.
Leave a review or comment