30-Minute Butter Chicken RecipePrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Hina Gujral170 recipes>
30-Minute Butter Chicken Recipe is worth bookmarking for somebody like me, who’s always looking for ways to save time in the kitchen. This Butter Chicken Recipe has a simple ingredient list and does not require hours of preparation. All you need to do is a bit of multi-tasking.
- 500 gm chicken boneless
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup full fat cream
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- a pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- Ingredients to be grind into paste
- 3 - 4 medium-size ripe tomato
- 1 medium-size onion
- 1/4 Cup readymade tomato puree
- 1 green chili
- an inch piece of ginger
- Start with washing and cleaning the chicken. Pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Marinade the chicken pieces with yogurt, a teaspoon of red chili powder and salt. Combine nicely.
- Keep the marinated chicken pieces in the fridge while you prepare the gravy paste.
- In a blender grind chopped tomato, onion, puree, green chili and ginger. Use a little water to make a smooth paste.
- Now heat butter in a heavy bottom vessel over medium heat.
- Add the tomato paste and fry till the oil separates from the masala.
- While the masala is roasting grill the chicken pieces in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add the grilled chicken pieces in the masala and stir to combine. Fry for 2 - 3 minutes or so.
- Add the cream, sugar, salt, a teaspoon of red chili powder and 1/4 Cup of water. Stir to mix.
- Cover and let the chicken cook in the creamy gravy.
- Open the lid after 5 minutes, add Garam Masala and check chicken for doneness.
- If the chicken is almost done, remove the lid and cook the gravy over high heat to thicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked through and the gravy thickens butter chicken is ready to be served.
- Serve Butter Chicken warm garnished with a tablespoon of cream with Naan.
Leave a review or comment