Zucchini FriesPrep: 20 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 4by Kristen Russell8 recipes>
4 grams of fat per serving, while (potato) french fries have 10 grams of fat per serving. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients to keep the flavour consistant. A very hot oven will give your fries a extra crunch. Calories: 126 Fiber: 2g Protein: 6g Total Fat: 4g Carbs: 26g Recipe taken from beachbody.com
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 by 3 inch sticks.
- Canola oil cooking spray.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flours, cornmeal, salt and pepper.
- Dip zucchini in egg whites, coat with flour mixture. Place zucchini on baking sheet, coat all exposed sides with cooking spray.
- Bake on centre rack for 7 minutes,
- Turn zucchini and coat any floury spots with cooking spray. Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 5 minutes more. Serve hot.
Leave a review or comment