Zucchini and Eggplant Ratatouille copyright 2011 art of living,PrimaMedia Inc./Maria Liberati
Fresh zucchini, eggplant, onion- these vegetables should be very fresh, eggplants and zucchini should be firm. Buy your produce locally from a local farm is possible to insure freshness. Ratatouille of Zucchini and Eggplant From my best sellling book The Basic Art of Italian Cooking and BLOG at http://www.marialiberati.com
- 2 medium fresh eggplants
- 3 medium size zucchini
- 5 fresh plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tblsps of olive oil
- 1 slice of fresh onion chopped
- pinch of salt
- 4 ounces of fresh mozzarella
- 3 tblsps parmigiana-reggiano cheese
- Wash eggplant and zucchini. Cut zucchini into 1/4 inch slices. Cut eggplant into 1/4 inch cubes. Wash tomatoes. Fillet them by removing inside liquid and seeds. Slice into thin slices.
- In large saute pan, heat olive oil. Saute whole garlic cloves, chopped onions till golden. place in cut eggplants and zucchini and 1/2 cup dry white wine, 1/2 cup water. Saute for 10 minutes, stirring. Add in tomatoes, stirring and saute for another 10 minutes or until eggplant and zucchini are tender. If at any time liquid is needed add in a little water.
- When done remove from heat and add in cubed mozzarella and grated parmigiana-reggiano cheese. Stir, mozzarella cheese will become stringy. Serve warm or cool. Either way this isÂ a delicious dish for a summer day. Serve with grissini sticks andÂ dry white wine. We had some Falenghina (one of my favorite white wines) with this dish.
Leave a review or comment