Zingy Haloumi SaladPrep: 5 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 4by Brett Ede197 recipes>
- 1 small red chilli, seeded & finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp small capers, rinsed & drained
- 3 heaped tbsp Italian (flat leaf) parsley, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- olive oil
- Haloumi cheese, sliced
- plain flour
- a good handful of rocket leaves
- ½ red onion, very finely sliced
- To make the dressing, combine the chilli, garlic, capers, parsley and lemon juice with 4 tbsp oil. Taste for seasoning and set aside.
- Lightly flour the cheese and then panfry in a thin layer of hot oil until golden on both sides. Drain well on kitchen paper towels.
- Dress the rocket and red onion with a little fresh oil.
- To serve, mound the salad on individual plates, arrange the cheese on top and spoon the dressing down the centre.
Leave a review or comment