Yellow Garlic Rice and BroccoliCook: 25 min Servings: 8by Smokinhotchef361 recipes>
I make this all the time for a quick and easy side dish. Alternately, this can be a main dish by adding 1 lb. of chicken, beef, or pork. my daughter Genesis loves it and enjoys this recipe as her main dish with no meat added. I feel great knowing my children can be satisfied with a meatless meal and still be happy!
- 2 c. jasmine rice
- 4 c. low sodium chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. truffle oil
- 1 tsp. tumeric
- 1/2 lb. frozen broccoli florets
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- In a saucepot with lid over medium high heat, bring chicken broth up to a boil. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring back up to a boil for several
- minutes, stir in broccoli,, cover with tight fitting lid, and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until until rice is tender.
Leave a review or comment