Wild Rabbit With Mushrooms And Pine NutsPrep: 25 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 4by James Buel13 recipes>
Wild rabbit both cotton tail and jack rabbit are hunted on most rural reservations by youth. They bring home for meat and harvest the pelts to either sell, trade or use in their crafts and clothing for pow wows.
- Wild Rabbit With Mushrooms And Pine Nuts
- olive oil
- 200 g of wild mushrooms chopped
- 3 medium-sized onions
- 1 Rabbit cut into pieces
- 4 or 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1/2 cup of brandy
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- some branches of Rosemary
- freshly ground black pepper
- Wild rice
- Fry Bread
- Make a broth - processing olive oil: season the rabbit pieces and fry them in a pan until browned. We reserve them. Add more oil if necessary and poached until tender onion and a couple of very chopped garlic cloves. Cut the stems of the onions into thin strips. Add the chopped tomato without skin and pine nuts. We continue Browning and incorporate the rabbit, Rosemary and brandy. We left a few minutes to evaporate the alcohol and cover with the broth. Cover and let Cook until half reduced and a thick sauce is formed and rabbit is tender.
- Serve with wild rice and fry bread.
Leave a review or comment