Whole Fried Young Chicken with Salsa VerdePrep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 2by Nate Appleman6 recipes>
Make sure you get very high quality game hens from your butcher for this dish. Serve with my Fried Brussels Sprouts and some pasta on the side.
- 2 game hens or poussin, liberally salted for at least 24 hours
- Salsa Verde:
- 3 bunches parsely, roughly destemmed
- 3oz capers (volume)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3oz fine breadcrumbs (volume)
- 24oz olive oil
- Salt, TT
- Deep fry chickens @ 375 for 12 minutes. Serve with salsa verde and lemon wedges.
- In a blender, blend the garlic and capers with half of the olive oil until smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl. Blend the parsley with the other half of the oil, quickly, to avoid oxidation. Combine both mixtures with the breadcrumbs in the bowl. Salt to taste.
Leave a review or comment