Whole FishPrep: 25 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 4by Chuck Subra7 recipes>
- 4 strips Bacon
- 1 each Onions (diced)
- 1 each Bell pepper green (diced)
- 1 bunch Celery (chopped)
- 8 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Basil (chiffonnade)
- 1 tbsp Thyme (chiffonnade)
- 2 each Tomatoes (diced)
- 2 lbs Okra (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp Crystal Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 bunch Green Onions (chopped)
- 1 bunch Parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- to taste Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 4 each Whole Fish (1 ½ to 2 lbs)
- â¢ In a medium sautÃ© skillet render bacon. When Bacon is starting to crisp lightly, add the onions, celery and bell pepper. Cook until light brown. Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- â¢ Add the okra, tomatoes, hot sauce, Worcestershire, green onions and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- â¢ Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- â¢ Add the fresh herbs. (basil, thyme and parsley)
- â¢ Remove from heat and keep warm.
- â¢ The Ideal whole fish would be Red Fish, Speckled Trout, Stripped Bass or Red Snapper.
- â¢ Remove the scales and guts.
- â¢ The fish can be cooked in a number of ways: Grill, SautÃ©, Baked or Fried.
- â¢ Cook the fish in the cooking method.
- â¢ Serve the fish family style. On a large platter place the okra tomato stew in the center.
- â¢ Place the cooked whole fish on top and garnish with fresh chopped parsley or chives.
- â¢ Enjoy.
Leave a review or comment