Who's Your Mama Neapolitan Baby Cakes?Prep: 30 min Cook: 19 min Servings: 12by Joann Mathias165 recipes>
- Ingredients for Vanilla Cupcakes:
- Makes 12
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Ingredients for Chocolate Cupcakes:
- Makes 12
- Follow instructions for Vanilla Cupcakes below, but reduce flour to 1 1/4 cups, and add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder. Whisk into dry ingredients.
- Ingredients for Strawberry Buttercream:
- Adapted from 125 Best Cupcake Recipes by Julie Hasson
- Makes enough to frost about 16 cupcakes
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup strawberry puree
- 1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 8-12 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced, for decoration
- Note: This only made enough to frost about 2/3 of my 2 dozen cupcakes. I had to make a batch and a half to frost them all.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 standard 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 2. With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla, and mix until combined. On low speed, beat in half the flour mixture, followed by milk; end with remaining flour mixture. Mix just until incorporated (do not overmix).
- 3. Fill muffin cups with 3 tablespoons of each batter, side by side. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 17 to 19 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan, 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Directions for Strawberry Buttercream:
- 1. In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter until it is light and fluffy. Add strawberry puree, strawberry extract, and salt until well combined. Add sugar, a half cup at a time, and beat until frosting comes together and is light and fluffy, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 2. Spread or pipe frosting over cooled cupcakes. Top each with a sliced strawberry.
- *Note: This only made enough to frost about 2/3 of my 2 dozen cupcakes. I had to make a batch and a half to frost them all.
Leave a review or comment