White SangriaServings: 1by Andra Kiser38 recipes>
This is my favorite recipe for sangria.
- 2 bottles (750 ml) white wine (Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay or your favorite white wine--I use German Riesling)
- 1 orange , sliced
- 2 lemons , one sliced and one juiced
- 1 green apple , cored and cut into 1/2–1/4-inch dice
- 6 peaches , peeled and sliced into wedges (if desired)
- 6 plums , peeled and sliced into wedges (if desired)
- 1 cup green grapes
- 2 cups ice
- Sugar for sweetening (optional)
- 8 ounces lemon-lime soda
- Place all the fruit in a glass pitcher.
- Add the ice, lemon juice and white wine.
- Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator until just before serving.
- At the last minute, add the sugar (to taste) and soda, if desired.
- Hint: if I can't get good fresh peaches, I'll use a bag of frozen peaches. I dump them in frozen, and they cool off the sangria while they thaw.
Leave a review or comment