White chocolate pie with strawberriesPrep: 20 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 8by Easy Cook - Laka kuharica501 recipes>
Smooth, silky and elegant dessert.
- 20g butter, melted
- Pie crust (home made or bought)
- 200g fresh strawberries, cleaned, halved
- 50g brown sugar ( Muscovado )
- 100g white chocolate
- 250ml cream, chilled
- Grease the pie mold with butter and dust with some flour.
- Place the pie crust dough in the mold, remove the excess dough, line with greaseproof paper. Cover with dry beans and bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven at 180˚C or until golden. Do not over bake the dough because it will be too hard when cooled. Take out of the mould to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar with strawberries, and cook over low heat until sugar completely dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the white chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Whisk smooth by adding 50ml of the cream.
- Whip the remainder of the cream (200ml) until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the white chocolate mixture.
- Fill the pie crust with stewed strawberries. Cover with white chocolate cream.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and white chocolate swirls. Refrigerate until serving time.
Leave a review or comment