Whiskey Tofu RibsPrep: 2 hours Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Micheline119 recipes>
This recipe will please vegetarians. This is a meatless meal with a meaty taste. It tastes a bit like pork ribs without the meat. It is easy to make and very tasty. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 1 block firm tofu, cut-up in 8 slices of 1,5 c.m. thickness
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) whiskey
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soya sauce
- 2 tbsp 30 ml) HP sauce or Heinz 57 type sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) vegetable oïl or olive oïl
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium size ziplock bag, add vegetable or olive oil, whiskey, garlic powder, onion powder, garlic, salt and pepper. Close bag and mix ingredients. Add tofu slices in the marinade and close the bag. Gently shake the bag ensuring you do not to break apart the tofu slices. Place the bag in the refrigerator and let it marinate for at least 2 hours. Turn over the bag a few times. Heat a saucepan and add 1 tbsp (15 ml) oïl on medium heat. Fry the tofu slices for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and a little bit crispy. Add the marinade left in the bag and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer without a cover for 13 to 15 minutes while pouring the marinade on top of tofu during cooking. Serve hot with your favourite potatoes and vegetables.
Leave a review or comment