Wheat LadduPrep: 30 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 15by SouthIndianHome1 recipe>
- Wheat flour/Atta: 1 cup
- Grated Jaggery: 1 cup
- Cardomom powder: 1/4 tsp
- Ghee: 1/2 cup
- Poppy seeds: 1 tablepoon (optional.This will give a crunchy taste and texture)
- Mixed nuts (Cashew/Almond/Walnuts/Pisatchios): 1/4 cup
- Heat 1/4 cup of ghee in a pan and roast the wheat flour and poppy seeds until a nice aroma comes out (Usually takes around 5- 7 min).There will also be a color change. Stir continously to avoid the flour getting burnt.
- Now add the grated jaggery and stir for 2 more minutes until the jaggery mixes well with the flour
- Add the mixed nuts and switch off the flame.Allow it to cool
- When it is still warm add 1/4 cup of melted ghee and shape them to laddus.
- Note:Instead of ghee 1/4 cup of warm milk can also be added.However this will reduce the shelf life of the laddus
Leave a review or comment