Wednesday BrunchPrep: 45 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 2by BestOodles20 recipes>
Today is Wednesday which means the last items since I purchased my groceries the same day last week. This means light meals before the weekend dine out. This brunch is a short cut of mine avoiding extra work for both breakfast and lunch by combining them into one meal. At the same time, I would like to indulge in a simple meal. This is so easy to do. Do not be put off by all directions; yes, it has a lot of component to prepare ahead but you could do them a day ahead and as an added bonus you could always use the leftover salsa in many dishes.
- 4 tacos
- 4 tbsp hot smoky salsa
- 4 tbsp pineapple salsa
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 chicken breast, chopped
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp grated cheese, garnish (optional)
- <b>Pineapple salsa Ingredients</b>
- 1/2 pineapple, chopped
- 1/4 large onion, chopped
- 5 cilantro stems, finely chopped
- Some salt and lemon juice
- <b>Smokey salsa ingredients</b>
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 whole garlic
- 6 cilantro stems
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 Jalapeno or Serrano chili or chipotle chili
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- <b>Pineapple salsa direction:</b>
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
- <b>Smokey salsa directions:</b>
- Char the tomatoes, onion, garlic and chili over open gas range or electric range.
- Remove from heat and let them cool. Remove top black skin of the tomatoes and chili.
- Put all ingredients in a blender including the cilantro, oil and lime and juice until coarsely ground. Add salt to taste.
- <b>Assemble taco:</b>
- Warm the tacos in the small oven or microwave.
- Cook egg in a 1 tbsp of oil until egg is cook but with running yolk and place on top of taco on a plate. Repeat fry egg until all the eggs are cooked.
- In a non stick pan cook a chopped chicken breast and 1 tbsp of oil to cook until the chicken is fully cooked. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Add smoky salsa, pineapple salsa and chicken breast on top of the egg and cheese (optional).
Leave a review or comment