Warm artichoke dipPrep: 20 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 10by Micheline120 recipes>
A tasty, elegant, warm dip to serve with rice or water crackers when entertaining.
- 1 whole roasted head of garlic (directions to follow)
- 2 cans artichokes, packed in water, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (medium to very old, your taste) 1/2 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp Tabasco sauce or other hot sauce (adjust to taste) 6 black or green olives for garnish
- rice or water crackers or baguette sliced diagonally
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the top of the garlic buds, leaving the whole garlic head intact and buds still attached. Drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil and bake in a 450 degrees F oven for 20 to 30 minutes until browned and softened.
- Peel and mash the garlic buds with a fork and combine with remaining ingredients.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Spoon mixture into a shallow oven proof dish/serving dish.
- Arrange olives in a circular pattern in the center and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese if melted.
- Serve with rice or water crackers or baguette.
Leave a review or comment