- 1 (10 ounce.) pkg. frzn minced spinach, thawed
- 2 c. cottage cheese
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Mozzarella
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and liquid removed
- 1 (8 ounce.) can mushrooms
- 2 med. carrots, shredded
- 1 med. onion, minced
- 1 med. green pepper, minced
- White Sauce
- 1/3 c flour
- 1 stick butter
- 3 c milk
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- For the white sauce:
- Heat butter over low heat in saucepan till melted.
- Stir in flour, salt, and nutmeg.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, cover and keep hot.
- For lasagna:
- Rinse spinach under cool water. Separate and drain, pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix spinach, cottage cheese, 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, and pepper.
- Arrange 4 noodles in ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 dish.
- Top with 1/2 of cheese mix, 1/2 of Mozzarella and 4 noodles.
- Layer mushrooms, carrots, onions and green peppers on noodles.
- Spread 1/2 of white sauce over top, sprinkle 1/2 c. mozzarella.
- Top with remaining noodles, cheese mix, white sauce, and Mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c. Parmesan.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 min at 350 degrees until warm and bubbly.
Leave a review or comment