Vegetable KurmaPrep: 45 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 5by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Home made aromatic and delicious type.
- To blend/process (for a smooth paste)
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 tbsp fresh grated coconut
- 1 tbsp kas-kas/poppy seeds
- 3 pieces cardamoms (only the seeds inside)
- 3 green chillies
- 300g (abt 2 potatoes) - remove skin and cut into pieces
- 100g (1 small bunch) long beans - cut into 1 inch length
- 4 green baby brinjals - cut into 2 to 4 pieces, depending on the size
- 1 tbsp plain chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric/kunyit powder
- 100ml (about 1 1/2 tbsp) yoghurt
- 1 onion - sliced thinly
- 1 lemon grass - bruised
- 2 sprigs Coriander leaves - chopped
- 4 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- Heat oil and saute onion.
- Add blended paste, stir and cook till aromatic or oil splits.
- Put in chilli and turmeric powder and lemongrass.
- Cook for another 2-3mins.
- Add potatoes, brinjals, salt and 1/2 litre of water.
- Stir and let it simmer.
- Put in beans and simmer for another 4-5 mins.
- When veggies are soften and tender, remove from heat.
- Gently stir in yoghurt and coriander leaves.
Leave a review or comment