Vanilla Scones With Jam And Cream
- 250 g (1 2/3 c.) self raising flour
- 30 g butter
- Healthy pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 125 ml (1/2 c.) lowfat milk, plus extra, for brushing
- Seeds of one Vanilla bean
- 1/2 c. strawberry conserve
- 125 ml (1/2)c. cream, lightly whipped
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius. Line bkaing tray with baking paper.Place flour, butter, salt and sugar in a food processor and process till mix resembles bread crumbs. Add in lowfat milk and vanilla bean seeds, and pulse till mix forms a soft dough.
- Remove dough and knead together quickly. Roll dough to a thickness of 3 cm. Using a 5 cm round pastry cutter, cut dough into rounds.
- Place on prepared tray. Brush tops with a little extra lowfat milk and sprinkle with extra sugar.
- Bake in oven for 12 min, or possibly till scones have risen and tops are golden brown. Serve warm or possibly cold, with jam and cream.
- Makes - 12 Preperation time - 20 min Cooking time - 12 mintues
Leave a review or comment