Vanilla cupcakes topped with Maple Syrup Coconut Cream… and Syrup coated roasted almondsServings: 12by Foodessa344 recipes>
Vanilla cupcakes topped with Maple Syrup Coconut Cream…and Syrup coated roasted almonds. This recipe was featured in the 'Pure Maple syrup desserts' …refer to: https://www.foodessa.com/2019/04/pure-maple-syrup-desserts.html
- . > Cupcake (Vanilla):
- . 1-1/4 cups All-Purpose flour
- . 1 tsp. baking powder
- . 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- . 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- . 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- . 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- . 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- . 2 xLarge eggs, room temp.
- . 2 tsps. pure Vanilla extract
- . 1/2 cup milk (of choice) room temp.
- . >> Maple syrup Coconut Pastry cream:
- . 2 xLarge egg yolks
- . 2 Tbsps. confectioners' sugar
- . 6 Tbsps. All-Purpose flour
- . 1/4 cup Coconut cream milk
- . 1 cup milk (of choice)
- . 1/2 tsp. pure Vanilla extract
- . 6 Tbsps. pure Maple syrup
- . >>> Coated garnish:
- . 1/2 cup roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- . 3 Tbsps. pure Maple syrup
- . Pre-heat the oven at 350F. Position the rack in the center of the oven. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- . > CUPCAKES (Vanilla): Made same day as serving. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter with an electric beater. Keep beating while adding in the sugar(s) along with the Maple syrup. Combine and scrape down bowl for about 2 minutes. Then, beat in one egg at the time until the mix feels fluffy. Beat in the Vanilla last. Afterwards, on LOW speed, beat in the flour mix and milk in alternate stages while scraping down the bowl. Do not over mix. With the aid of an ice-cream scoop, evenly distribute leveled spoons into each lined cavity. BAKE for only 17 minutes. Then, once removed, cool cakes in the pan for 1 hour before transferring onto a rack. Leave at room temperature.
- . >> MAPLE SYRUP COCONUT PASTRY CREAM: Can be made the day ahead. In a small-medium saucepan, hand whisk the egg yolks, confectioners' sugar, flour and a little milk to create a fairly smooth paste. Then, whisk in the remaining milk until all is combined. Over MEDIUM-HIGH heat, whisk the custard until a light thickening appears. Immediately take the pot off the heat. Add in the Vanilla and Maple syrup. Let the cream rest for about 15 minutes more while giving it a stir every so often. Transfer cream into a strainer over a medium bowl and cover it with a plastic wrap touching the surface with a tiny opening. Transfer the warm bowl to the refrigerator for a few hours to set until cold. Note: This cream keeps well for 2-3 days.
- . >>> COATED GARNISH: Can be made the day ahead. Toss the roasted almonds into the Maple syrup.
- . ASSEMBLY: To be done fresh, right before serving: Dollop a generous amount of pastry cream over cupcakes. Gently top each cupcake crown with the nut garnish.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...Foodessa.com
Leave a review or comment