Two Crust Chicken PiePrep: 10 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 6by Pamela Orbin23 recipes>
Here is a very easy but delicious recipe.
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- pastry for two crust pie, prepared
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups of your favourite vegetables
- 6 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp flour
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- To begin on this chicken pie recipe, you first need to prepare your pastry. To do this, divide it into 2 separate portions and have about two thirds of the pastry in one portion and one third in the other portion.
- Roll out the portion thatâs larger and then line a shallow baking dish.
- Melt your butter into a medium saucepan. Add your seasonings and flour and stir the mixture together until it becomes bubbly and smooth.
- Next, add the liquids and allow the mixture to slowly cook until it becomes thickened. You may then add the chicken and vegetable and pour out the mixture into the pan thatâs lined with the pastry.
- Roll out the pastry that has remained onto a floured work surface to a thickness of about 0.25inch and use it to cover the chicken mixture. Once you have placed the pastry over the filling, carefully trim and then pinch the edges together to seal the pie. Bake your pie for about 35 minutes at 425 degrees. I normally just check that the pastry has been nicely browned and the filling is piping hot before I remove it and allow it to cool slightly.
- Serve hot.
Leave a review or comment