Twice Baked Caramel Apple Crisp
Welcome in the apple season the right way.
- 7 to 8 tart green apples (peeled, cored, sliced into 1/4" strips)
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. quick cooking oats
- 2/3 c. melted unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. grnd cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. grnd nutmeg
- 1 tsp. grnd ginger
- 10 ounce caramel sauce
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray one 9 x 13 x 2 and one 8 x 8 x 2 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange half apples in 9 x 13 and other half in 8 x 8. Sprinkle each with 1/2 c. sugar.
- Mix together brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and butter. Stir till well moistened.
- Sprinkle half this mix over 9 x 13 apples. Top oat mix with 1/4 to 1/2 c. caramel.
- Bake both pans for 15 to 20 min.
- Remove from oven.
- Arrange apples in 8 x 8 over apples in 9 x 13 (this makes a second layer). Top with remaining oats and another 1/4 to 1/2 c. of caramel.
- Bake an additional 15 to 20 min or until apples are tender and top is crisp.
- Remove, let sit until warm but not hot.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and additional caramel sauce on top.
Leave a review or comment