Tuscan White Bean & Tomato-Basil SoupPrep: 5 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by "Cheffie Cooks"518 recipes>
Wonderful light Italian Bean Soup to make year round.
- Two- 15.5 ounce can white beans (drained, rinsed)
- 20 ounce San Marzano whole tomatoes
- 10 ounce can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable stock or broth
- Several Fresh Basil Leaves
- one teaspoon black pepper
- one teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large soup pot add whole tomatoes (do not break them up), diced tomatoes, stir to mix on medium heat. Add black pepper, garlic salt and stir, cook 10 minutes ( you will notice the San Marzano tomatoes break-up a bit, that's fine)
- Add rinsed white beans, stir gently, cover and lower heat to simmer, cook additional 10 minutes. Add fresh basil leaves and stir gently.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Freezes well, allow to completely cool down and store in freezer safe containers.
Leave a review or comment