Turkish inspired FETA and BEAN dip / spread DelightPrep: 15 min Servings: 4by Foodessa345 recipes>
The 'AJVAR' vegetable spread is the inspiration behind this dip. It is simply a blend of finely puréed roasted peppers, eggplants, vinegar, sunflower oil, garlic, a touch of sugar and a tinch of hot pepper...and the bonus...no additives or preservatives! I was incredibly fortunate to have discovered this gem of a product. It is imported from Turkey. Ask your grocery merchant if they carry it. If not, ask if there's an equivalent of this product at the Arabic grocery store. For a dedicated post...refer to: http://www.foodessa.com/2010/06/free-style-fridayflowers-and-food.html
- . <American / Metric measures>
- . 2 cups (500ml) (~1 large can) Red Beans, well cooked
- . 12 fresh, Mint leaves (or basil or parsley)
- . 1/4 cup (60) mild Ajvar* spread
- . 3/4 cup (175ml) plain 'Greek style' yogurt
- . 3/4 cup (150g) Feta cheese (preferable from goat milk)
- . 2 Tbsps. (30ml) capers
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) granular garlic powder
- . 3 Tbsps. (45ml) e.v.Olive oil
- >>>Tip: If your desire is to turn this dip more into a spread...only put 1/2 cup (125ml) of yogurt
- . Place ONLY the beans into a blender and pulsate a few times at MEDIUM speed.
- . Add ALL the remaining ingredients and process until the smoothness desired.
- . Either serve right away or cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- . Before serving, bring the spread at slight room temperature before serving.
- . Memorable moments in Claudia's Kitchen...FOODESSA.com
Leave a review or comment