Turkey Stuffing PuffsPrep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 24by Hungry Jenny474 recipes>
This makes approximately 24 trees, but you can easily use up any scraps of pastry or filling to create smaller open top pastries with just the filling on top :-) I used a 4" tree cutter to make the cranberry sauce 'tinsel' topped trees! http://hungryjenny.blogspot.com/2010/12/friday-pie-day-turkey-stuffing-puffs.html
- 300g lean turkey mince
- 100g fresh cranberries
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp sage
- 375g puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg
- A little veggie oil
- Gently heat the orange juice, zest and honey in a pan. Add the cranberries, stirring until they start to pop and break.
- Take off the heat and leave to cool completely if possible, to allow it to thicken.
- Fry the onion in a little oil, followed by the mince to brown. Stir in the sage, breadcrumbs and most of the cranberry sauce (reserve 2 tbsp). Set aside to cool.
- Cut the pastry in half and set one aside. Roll out one half to about 1/4" thickness. Stamp out 24 tree shapes. Spoon on the stuffing onto the centre of each tree. Brush the edges with a little beaten egg.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to the same thickness and stamp out another 24 trees to place on top of each filled tree, pressing the edges together. You may want to roll them out a little bigger after stamping, to make it easier to bind.
- Brush over the top of the trees with more beaten egg and prick the centre with a fork.
- Use or a spoon or clean fingers to add the remaining cranberry sauce to decorate the top of each tree as 'tinsel'.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for about 20 minutes until puffed!
Leave a review or comment